I've been trying to go through recipes I've pinned on Pinterest, and the latest is a batch of cookies. These are good. Quite good.
But only if you like banana.
And peanut butter.
And cakey cookies.
The original recipe is not in English, and I actually did a teeny bit of tinkering with the translated link (above), so here's my version:
1 t salt
1 t baking powder
½ c whole wheat flour
1 c flour
½ c butter (8 T or 1 stick), softened
½ c peanut butter, preferably smooth
½ c white sugar
1 c brown sugar
1 c soft banana, approximately
1 egg
2 t vanilla
¼ c milk
1 bag chocolate chips (I used dark)
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Combine salt, baking powder and flours in a small bowl.
Cream butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add sugars and beat until smooth. Add egg and beat until smooth. Add banana and vanilla, and, you guessed it, beat until smooth. Turn the mixer down a notch and add the milk (it may splatter). Add flour mixture. Add chocolate chips last, giving the batter a couple of spins with the beater.
Put a couple of tablespoons of batter for each cookie on a sheet--I got 12 per sheet with little spreading. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool for about 5 and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
My batter made about 4 dozen cookies.
No comments:
Post a Comment