My sister was up for an extended weekend, and, in proper tradition, we baked something together.
Chip had cut out an article for me earlier in the week that featured a restauranteur's recipe* of the Hostess Cupcake. This sounded good to Carissa, so we went for it!
I'm not going to recommend... well, okay, let me amend that. I can recommend this recipe with reservations. They're tasty and not super difficult, but it is putzy and they probably won't turn out very pretty. You also will feel like the batter never ends and you'll have more cupcakes than what you know what to do with. Getting the proper amount of cream (which, by the way, was a disaster until I refrigerated it) inside each one is also something that takes a lot of practice. And you'll not have enough ganache.
But they do taste really good!
*If, for some reason, the link 'goes bad', do a search for Tiffany MacIsaac and Hostess Cupcake recipe. Hopefully it's recorded somewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment