1.08.2013

imbuement

Remember the coffee sleeves? Here's how I colored them, using a couple of Distress Ink products. 

I've found the Alterra sleeves to work great for this--they've got a bit of waxy coating so the paper doesn't just drink up the ink and water. You can also use watercolor paper and glue that on a coffee sleeve, if you live somewhere that doesn't have this particularly lovely brand.



Using the ink pads first, I swiped a couple of swaths of Concord Grape and Aged Mahogany on the blank canvas of the sleeve.



Then I pulled out the Worn Lipstick and Barn Door markers and added more color. The pads aren't as wet as the markers, so using both is a great way to fill in nooks and crannies, if you've got them.



Give the whole thing a heavy spritz of water. Or two. Tilt the sleeve or paper around a bit to spread the color. Add more ink if you think it necessary.


(sorry that pic is a bit blurry--I had to hurry!)

If you have a heat gun, this is a perfect time to use it! Otherwise, just wait for it to dry.



After that, you're done and can do what you wish with your newly colored coffee sleeve!



No comments: