1.18.2013

texture

Daring Cardmakers challenge this week is perfect timing. I've been going through catalogs again lately to find layout and technique ideas and thought this pillow was a perfect way to showcase some embossing:

So I pulled out my kraft cardstock and red embossing powder and got to work.





I used a stamp made by Stampa Rosa and the embossing powder is Tim Holtz's Fired Brick. I also picked up some Blaze Sparkle Embossing Powder (by Recollections) to see how it would look with a bit of glitter:



This is SUPER sparkley in person! Sorry you can't see it very well here.

3 comments:

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

What a beautiful card, I love the dark red against the kraft - very effective. Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

Oscar said...

Beautiful card, I love the stamp and the red and kraft works so well. Thanks for sharing with us at the Daring Cardmakers this week! x

Lythan said...

That is gorgeous - simple but so effective! Thanks for embossing along with Daring Cardmakers this week:)