2.05.2013

resourcefulness

So here's my long overdue post (and I sometimes feel like I copy Carissa the Librarian, but really, we didn't talk at all about Christmas gifts!) about some of the Christmas gifts I made for family this year. Some came from Pinterest, of course, some from my blogroll and some from browsing on Etsy. 

First up is a bird feeder that Chip helped did most of the work on for Connie. She's got a perfect patio for bird feeders and we know she has Blue Jays in the area. Blue Jays love peanuts.





Chip's mom adores Butterfingers, so including them (somehow) as one of her presents was my goal, and wanted her to have something homemade:



My next thought was I really wanted to be able to send Gianna to a spa, but knew with 4 kids, that would be really tricky. So I started planning how she could take a quick moment or two and realized I needed to concoct a Salt Scrub that she can pull out when she wants to rejuvenate.



The gift for my mom was an idea I nicked off of Etsy (sorry the plants aren't planted in the photo--she did get this completed). My mom loves coffee, so this was perfect:


For O, I had purchased a soft lunchbox, but knew there needed to be a little something extra. Thus, I whipped up a sandwich for him. This was another thing I saw on Etsy and would have ordered, but made the decision to do this 3 days before Christmas...


And finally, B is super creative and I wanted to make sure she got something to encourage that. She likes cooking and drawing, so I decided to adapt a couple of paper bag cookbooks and give her a DIY project combining the two! I included a disposable camera, too.





Note: I left room on the back for her to include a photo of herself.

No comments: