9.13.2013

county fair

Golly, this took a long time to come together. The Team WIST challenge for Aug/Sept is 'county fair' and I just kept coming up blank. So I polled my FB readers and got some great suggestions!




I really wanted to pull off the Ferris wheel, but several of Cathe's suggestions kept niggling in my brain (especially the pie with the rosette), so I let things sit for another couple of days. I gave a sneak peek on Instagram and the FB page of how the idea was starting to play out and then... 

...life got super busy and I didn't have time to craft AT ALL.

Then I took a 'me' day (at the risk of having a breakdown otherwise) and spent a couple of hours coloring, cutting and gluing. The result:



This person didn't make it to State, but it's still a pretty darn good jar of beans!


1 comment:

Kathy Hainstock said...

Very cool drawing. Love the 3D ribbon.