Edison is quite particular, especially when it comes to dealing with the world around him. He is best able to cope with life because of science: when he needs to calm down, he recites the periodic table When he needs to work through anger, creating some sort of gizmo gets him through. And when people are too much of a mystery, he often can lose himself in junk hunting and dreaming up inventions.
Eddy's 'condition' is never spelled out specifically, but he does have certain food needs, so I focused on getting a couple of those ready for treats. I debated chocolate chip cookies with walnuts, too, but decided on a St. Patrick's Day treat instead.
First up, he eats a peanut butter and honey on wheat every day for lunch. So I baked a batch of sandwich bread, slathered on the pb and honey, then cut little sandwiches.
Next is an adaptation, as I didn't think the group would enjoy recreating his breakfast (cornflakes, OJ*, banana, 1% milk). I went for some treats to capture the essence of cornflakes.
And finally, this is the bit for St. Patrick's Day: mint chip custard from Adrian's!
This was an honor book a few years ago.
Book recommendation: The Reinvention of Edison Thomas by Jacqueline Houtman
Recipe recommendation: Honey Joys
YouTube recommendation: Excerpt of Edison Thomas
*I did have orange juice available if they wanted that as their drink.
No comments:
Post a Comment