Wondering if anyone else would like to join, I posed the question to the handmade card group I'm a part of on Etsy and then worked out a few details. Four of us joined in for this first one.
We decided to tackle this one at a time and swapped mailing addresses. Then we each got to work creating the piece we would send to the next participant. Because all four of us generally make size A2 cards, I went for a size bigger, just to give Kathy a little extra to work with, in case she wanted to cut a smaller block or do some die cutting.
I started with a piece of watercolor paper, then pulled out some Distress Inks. Using them to create a soft, somewhat controlled watercolor look has been a favorite technique for me as of late. It was a long winter, with a slow spring, so I decided to pump up the summer colors here.
Then I wrapped it carefully and mailed it off! I'm eager to see what she does with it and can't wait to receive my element!
ETA:
Here's how she finished off her card!
No comments:
Post a Comment