I'm ready for it this year!
National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!
Deciding which ones to make was the tough part, though. I first decided I wanted to try a new recipe (new to me--I didn't make anything up here), so that threw out a whole slew of cookies. I figured I had one or two on my Sweet Tooth board that I hadn't made yet, so I scrolled through Pinterest.
And lo and behold, I found one! These oatmeal cookies are unique, but in a good way. The oatmeal gives a bit of chew, the coconut oil creates a softer texture and the whole wheat pastry flour keeps the cookies light. I did use full size chips and don't think it adversely affected the outcome. These do err on the side of pale, so even if they don't look done, still pull them out after 9 or 10 minutes!
No comments:
Post a Comment