Well, this year was a much busier July than last, so I only got two of my ice creams accomplished for National Ice Cream month, and one wasn't even on my initial list!
First up is the Vietnamese Coffee Pops. These are quite yummy, though strong (milky, sweet, coffee), so be prepared to make these small. Otherwise you may feel overwhelmed! I did successfully use straight up coffee, versus instant--I just made it super strong when brewing, then let it cool completely.
And the ice cream not even on my list last month: cookies and cream. This happened because I discovered a pack of Oreos hidden in the back of the cupboard and realized they would be perfect hidden in ice cream, as I'm not sure when they were purchased... and how did they stay unopened for so long? Anyway, it's a basic vanilla custard and I added the cookies at the very end of the freezing part of the recipe.
By the way, if you have one of these nifty choppers, it's a great way to slice up Oreos!
No comments:
Post a Comment