8.02.2014

allotment

We've done it again! A group of us tried another unfinished card swapThere are five of us this time, and we decided to go the 'send everyone something' route this time. This post will feature the pieces that I received from the other gals, plus what I made:




From Donna



The result -- I'll have an entire post dedicated to how I made this project. But the basics are I painted an empty mint tin, added the green embroidery floss and edged the flower piece in blue paint.




From Kathy




The result--I included a piece of yellow watercolored paper (Distress Inks), a yellow flower stamp and the congratulations stamp.
(note: that plaid piece in the first picture is included--it's a double sided paper, the flip side you can see best with the inside photo on my card)


From Debi



The result--I used the Tim Holtz clock embossing folder on the yellow piece and darkened the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink, cut two of the photos to fit in the film strip, used Antique Linen Distress Ink on all three photos and added Rock Candy Crackle Paint to the stars, then hit them up with Fired Brick Distress Ink.



From Mandi






The result--I added the sentiment stamped on a piece of watercolor paper colored with Distress Inks and spritzed the blue flowers with glitter spray (hard to see in the pics...). I also veeeeery lightly edged the red flower with Tea Dye Distress Ink.


I'll have another post soon with what I made and how the others used those items!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done! What a fun project.
-Debi

librariane said...

Thanks, Debi! I love how my creativity is forced to reconcile with pieces I don't already have in my stash--it's so good for my brain.