6.26.2015

orectic

Finally! It's been over a month since I've baked something, and I was able to carve out a little time to do so.

We have a volunteer strawberry patch in our back 40, which did pretty well this year. We also have a rhubarb plant that is finally producing well. I took a quick peek at my Pinterest dessert and quick bread boards, and settled on some crumble bars. This wouldn't require a mixer!


Adapting was forefront, especially as I decided to combine a few of the last strawberries with this recipe, and didn't even turn it into a sauce. And I halved the recipe.


I also hand cut in the butter and reduced the sugar down to just 3/4 c (though I tossed the rhubarb and strawberries with granulated sugar 30 minutes beforehand). 



These are pretty good, though I'd like to play around with the flour mixture a little more (add a little whole wheat? whole wheat pastry?) and certainly add more rhubarb next time.

No comments: