7.07.2015

outgrowth

Here's the second half of the fifth unfinished card swap!

As I mentioned in the last post, this whole swap got off to a roaring start, and I was thrilled to receive everyone's elements quickly so I could at least start brainstorming.

Here's what I received from Donna Z:



Here's what I did:



The details: I didn't see the dotted page at first, but had an immediate idea when I opened the envelope, so I ended up not even using that piece, though I would have liked to! The part I struggled with the most was the element part--just using the flowers with a pin wasn't going to be enough, but I couldn't picture what else should go there. Fortunately, I let everything simmer for a bit and then the plan came together! I visualize adding a snapshot (Polaroid style) to the square to finish everything off.

Here's what I received from Lila:



Here's what I did:



The details: As soon as I opened the envelope, I grinned--I could use Patriotic Wryn on a card again! The ribbon quickly became the stars' anchor and this card pretty much made itself. I added a strip of dark blue, which helps Wryn pop (though she's glued flat), and used clear Stickles on the sparklers.

Here's what I received from Kathy:



Here's what I did:



The details: I wanted the flowery piece to shine, but not dominate, so I had to figure out what to do with that blue piece. I decided to dry emboss the blue cardstock with a chicken wire folder. But when I placed the flowery piece on as a whole, it covered up too much, so then I thought about the triptyc idea, which also helped cement the butterflies. Then it was simply a matter of picking out a sentiment and presto!

No comments: