Chip and I headed over to Milton on Christmas Eve, and spent much of the day chatting, snacking and getting ready to go to church. The pastor spoke about the different kinds of trees associated with Christmas and Christianity, which I have heard several times this year at various church services. Funny how sometimes a theme permeates a season. Anyway, it was nice to see Pastor Jon again, and an interesting thing happened after service: as we were waiting to shake the pastor's hand at the door, a woman came up to me and asked if I was Ruhama.
On Christmas, Dad and Christopher dashed up to Oshkosh to pick up Grandma after we opened stockings. The rest of us lounged until it was time to pick up Georgiana and then decorated cookies, took a walk and helped finish up preparing our big dinner, which was scheduled for 2 p.m. Once the girls woke up from their naps, we started in on Christmas presents.
Now I have to get ready for all-day stamping tomorrow, as those with small children have more babysitting options due to the holidays, meaning dads (or others) have the day off. I'm not sure what I'll be working on yet, though today I'm making more cookies for munching tomorrow! :D
It was fun to watch B 'the zombie' walking!
Book recommendation: The Sweet Smell of Christmas by Patricia Scarry
Recipe recommendation: Prohibition Peanuts
Movie recommendation: Joyeux Noël
1 comment:
good summary! And of course I like the pictures! It was so fun to watch you with your nieces. They are quite fun! (when Maya isn't "lying" and Brin isn't sleeping)
Post a Comment