Chip's been working on a project room in the basement for me. This means we'll be reclaiming one of our bedrooms so LOTS of people can come visit (without having to sleep in the living room), and I'll get to become organized! Right now, everything is kinda everywhere, since I don't have storage, except for the floor. I've tried to capture this room in stages, and I apologize for the darkness, but we don't have a bright light yet, and it is the basement...
The theme we decided upon is a 1920's speakeasy, partly because it's in the basement, and partly because we wanted to do a tin ceiling. Chip spraypainted all the bricks, as the foundation is stamped concrete, ready to be painted whatever we wanted. The back wall will be shelving, and Chip plans to build a center table for working. We still have to pick out the main lighting fixture, though I do have my mock library card catalog (a set of regular-sized drawers, actually) almost done--Chip's been expanding his woodworking repertoire:
I really look forward to having stamping marathons down here!
Book recommendation: The Coffee Trader by David Liss
Recipe recommendation: Pork Noodle Soup with Cinnamon and Anise
Wine recommendation: Duckhorn Merlot
5 comments:
having a craft room is fabulous!! enjoy it. i don't really get to use mine as much as i would like but it's still a wonderful retreat when i do get it. =)
happily jealous for you. It will look fantastic because it already does!
And I really look forward to being more organized and getting to share the room. I also love that we picked an older time period for our theme. Yea for history!
You are probably already fully aware, but in case you're not, Stampin Up has a set called "Lovely As a Tree", and in it is a great stamp of leaf-less trees as well as a nice pine tree.
(this is Heather Kittleman)
Ah, fantastic, Heather! Thanks! I will have to start compiling an actual list of SU stuff to purchase, rather than just random thoughts. :)
Post a Comment