1.30.2008

conveyance

Well, here's the latest Kordatzky addition:

And believe me, it's even cuter in person! Dad got himself on the 'insiders list' early last year so he knew immediately when a shipment was coming to Wisconsin, and got his name on the purchase list as soon as he could. He was the second to pick his up, which was last Friday.

Chip and I both took it out for a spin (Chip did so literally in the cul-de-sac), and it doesn't feel that much different from a regular car while you're in it--until you look in the rearview mirror! It is a really fun little car, and now I want one (the Mini Cooper is still on the dream list, though I haven't driven one of those...). Of course, it's highly unlikely I'll get one, as I just got a new car, but hey, I can dream.


The other thing to think about is our new-found form of recreation: kayaking. Apparently you can buy trailers and bike racks and such, but our kayaks are just about as long as this car, so I don't know how that would affect driving... And as for camping, we'd have to learn how to pack really light, which would mean (for me, especially, as I'm not a big camper) thinking about necessities. I am, however, very excited and eager for the new season to start. This year we need to take a class to learn how to roll. We also both have skirts, so that means we could potentially start a teeny bit earlier. And since my summers won't be filled with the stress of the usual hectic reading program at the library, we'll have more time to dash off to new and already-visited rivers!

Is it spring yet?

Learn more about smart cars in the United States.


Book recommendation: Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss
Recipe recommendation: Roasted Glazed Carrots with Thyme
New product recommendation: Colgate 360ยบ toothbrush

2 comments:

gianna said...

as I am reading this, dad called to talk about it. he is SOO excited!

Susan said...

Congratulations on your new bouncing blue baby! Drive it in good health!