Dreary weather isn't good for too much, unless you like harboring bad moods. The weather lately has been so strange, which my sister and I were discussing when I called to make sure she hadn't been hit by a tornado (seen the tornados in Kenosha county on your news? the Wheatland area is about 9 miles from Burlington). She noted that because of all the snow in December, and the unusually warm weather the past couple of days, it feels like spring should be just around the corner.
But it's not.
In fact, it's only just the beginning of tax season, the time of year I don't get to see Chip. I need to figure out a way or two that he and I can connect, even when he's exhausted and burned out from working 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. I'm slightly worried about this year, as I don't have a job right now, and I'm not proactive about filling my time with people. Recently, when I was feeling superfluous, Chip reminded me that it's only been a couple of months that I haven't been working, but it feels like it's been soooo much longer.
And the future is still looking rather big and open. I am almost done with online certification, so it will be nice to have that under my belt. I'm waiting to hear from the American Library Association about a new online program they want to start, which would be more like a refresher course for librarians, rather than for university credit. I do need to sit down and physically write out my lesson plans, though, as I have only designed a couple of courses piecemeal or in my head. Now I just need to get motivated. The weather certainly isn't helping me in that area, despite the coziness of tea and soup and hot cocoa and pot pies...
I want it to snow again! And that raincloud is from School Discover clipart.
Book recommendation: Population 485 by Michael Perry
Recipe recommendation: Sweet Vermouth and Cinnamon Roasted Pears
New product recommendation: Snapple antioxidant wa+er
4 comments:
Don't know how close by your husband works, but perhaps you could meet him for lunch a few times a week. Not working outside the home does give you the luxury of a completely flexible day. When I'm feeling a little out of the fold, I read biographies of people I'd like to know or have known. They are good company. : )
I need to go down the Gurnee Mills to get my ring inspected this month. Want to come with me?
I have an idea....but I can't post it here!
Thanks, Susan--those are great ideas. I do know Chip wants to keep the ordering out for lunch to a minimum this year, so perhaps I can help by bringing something over to the office.
Carissa--yes! Let me know what your schedule is for that. And Gianna... you're really leaving things to the imagination! ;)
Post a Comment