2.20.2008

astoundment


Well, Gianna and I managed to pull it off: we surprised my brother for his birthday! We had to tell no one in our own families (though Chip knew, since it would be slightly rude to just leave for several days without informing him) so there wouldn't be any slips or hints of anything. I drove up last Thursday and stayed through Monday, thanks to nasty weather that crashed through mid- to southern Wisconsin on Sunday. In a way, it was nice to have confirmation that staying an extra night was the right decision, especially since I saw about 30 semis and cars in the ditch on the way home. Several were old and covered in snow and caution tape, but some were fresh.


Anyway, it was a whirlwind of activities all weekend long, including a trip to the zoo, scrapping a little and a couple of movies. And Polly Pocket. Christopher's actual birthday was Sunday, and he chose to go to Red Robin for burgers. We invited Jim and Melissa to join us (the photography team that did my wedding) and it was great to see them again. Gianna mentioned it was Christopher's birthday to the waiter, and they sang to him and he got a free sundae. He also got balloons, much to M's delight. All-in-all, it was a good time.


Boy, was I glad to have AWD...




Book recommendation: Arena by Karen Hancock
Recipe recommendation: Brown-Eyed Susan cake
Movie recommendation: The Bourne Ultimatum

2 comments:

gianna said...

hey, I think when I'm done reading Arena, I am going to blog about it. It has really picked up and I can't get enough of it. YOu were right! EXCELLENT! Bourne Ultimatum was great except when I HAD to close my eyes! And I am still enjoying the Brown Eyed Susan Cake! It was a FANTASTIC weekend! We gotta do it again! Maybe not the surprise part, but everything else! Only next time, at your place!

librariane said...

Agreed--Chip really needs to get some lovin' from the girls. Maya managed to make the whole time with only mentioning him once! :D