2.26.2008

integument

I've seen a couple of posts about covering a box creatively, so I thought I'd give it a shot, since I have a recently emptied oatmeal box that would hold something nicely or be a mini time capsule or whatever.



I decided I could easily do a bee theme, as I have nifty paper I've been wanting to use, and have a couple of fun bee stamps. I didn't want to completely cover the box with the nifty paper, though, so I had to scrounge for something to supplement:



Then it was a matter of figuring out how to get the extra bees on the side to not blend in too much, get the ribbon to stick to the lid, and violá! It's slightly fragile, but overall it'll fit the bill for whatever I end up assigning it to!



This took as much time as setting up a scrap page.



Book recommendation: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Recipe recommendation: Indian Corn Biscuits
YouTube recommendation: Free Hugs

3 comments:

gianna said...

cute! You do fantastically! I am always inspired by you!

librariane said...

I was amazed at how quickly I was able to pull it together... This project was most enjoyable, as I truly haven't done this before. I've *made* boxes and decorated, but never recycled!

Carissa said...

I heard a few chapters of Water for Elephants on chapter a day. Sounded good.