Okay, so whoever doesn't like the cold and snow? You need to move somewhere warm then. I promise not to make any jokes about snowbirds (not that I did in the first place...), but anyone that's been wanting it warmer? Yeah, it's raining today. YUCK!
Our roof snow drift three days ago.
I'm not overly fond of the cold, either (especially wind and ice), but I love having snow on the ground (despite our seemingly-super-long driveway). And all the bugs die in the winter--very important!
Here's something else that's been bugging me this winter: all the really bad weather? It's been happening on Tuesdays. 'How on earth do you know that?' you may ask. Well, our youth group meets Tuesday nights, and we've had to cancel just as many times as hold group due to freezing or snow or ice. And they are predicting about 5 to 9 inches of snow for our area this week--guess when?
Last week we decided to hold group anyway, and said if you feel safe driving, we're still meeting. Only three teens came, and two of them because Christopher picked them up on the way over to our house! (His house is getting some renovations, and they just had a baby, so I said we should meet here for a few weeks.) We had some relatively good discussion--we're working our way through the book of James right now, which is my favorite New Testament book. It's so practical and encouraging.
The nice thing about the study guide we've been using is it's part application and part understanding, which is also important, especially when you question about relevancy. I hope some of it sticks in their brains and they use it for everyday life. And I hope the same for me!
Here's something else that's been bugging me this winter: all the really bad weather? It's been happening on Tuesdays. 'How on earth do you know that?' you may ask. Well, our youth group meets Tuesday nights, and we've had to cancel just as many times as hold group due to freezing or snow or ice. And they are predicting about 5 to 9 inches of snow for our area this week--guess when?
Last week we decided to hold group anyway, and said if you feel safe driving, we're still meeting. Only three teens came, and two of them because Christopher picked them up on the way over to our house! (His house is getting some renovations, and they just had a baby, so I said we should meet here for a few weeks.) We had some relatively good discussion--we're working our way through the book of James right now, which is my favorite New Testament book. It's so practical and encouraging.
The nice thing about the study guide we've been using is it's part application and part understanding, which is also important, especially when you question about relevancy. I hope some of it sticks in their brains and they use it for everyday life. And I hope the same for me!
Happy birthday to Chip!
Book recommendation: The Garden of Eve by K. L. Going
Recipe recommendation: Ale and Yeast Poolish Bread
Wine recommendation: Sangre de Toro
4 comments:
I had 3 reminders pop up on my calendar and I still didn't get a card out to him.
Well, one of these days, I am going to try my best to get cards to EVERYONE! this includes Chip!
Hey, this just extends his birthday a bit. He can always use something fun in the mail.
it'll be more than a bit, but someday it WILL happen!
Thats so funny you mention all our bad weather is on Tuesdays. I also realized this because I had to wear boots to my Tuesday night class 3 weeks in a row!
Post a Comment