The Evangelical Free Church has a conference for all the church youth groups in the state once a year and it is fantastic.
What I really appreciated this year was the variety--it's important (and not just for teens, I think) to communicate all the types of jobs you can have and still be able to spread your faith. There was an artist there who painted on stage as we sang with the band, literally filled several canvases over the course of the weekend. How cool is that to see an artist using his talent for God?
Something they improved this year were the number of mini sessions for Saturday afternoon. As one of our teens put it: those are the best part of the weekend. I went to one on worship-based prayer and another on equipping your youth group to share their faith.
So I'm hoping to get some of the pictures from this weekend soon and I'll put them up here when I do...
Chip and I are both zombies today!
Book recommendation: The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
Recipe recommendation: Stirfried Cabbage
Music recommendation: Dutton
No comments:
Post a Comment