leftovers
What do you do when your family is done devouring this?
Why, you make turkey broth, of course!
Basically, break up your carcass, add it to 8 cups of water, a handful of carrots, onion, celery and dried thyme (s and p to taste). If you have any drippings or juices saved, add that, too. Simmer for 4 hours, then strain.
Use as you would chicken broth.
3 comments:
that is a great picture. maybe i should have that one sent to me, too! :)
the soup looks great!
I need to start figuring out what soup and stew and pot pie recipes we're going to do, as last year I dawdled and suddenly ran out of winter months!
Well, we've made split pea soup thus far, using one quart of the gallon of turkey broth I made. Good, but I'm a little tired of eating it all week... the downside of soup recipes!
Post a Comment