12.31.2009

muffe

One of my Christmas gifts this year was a set of muffin top pans. The perfect opportunity arose to use them when I realized Chip and I could do a brunch New Year's Day, and one aspect could be peach muffins!

In general, I followed the recipe linked below, adjusting the time because the tops aren't as deep as a regular muffin pan: mine baked for 15 minutes.

The only other thing I played around with was the topping ingredients. I used whole pecans, toasting them before chopping, and used dark brown sugar, which enhanced the nutty flavor.


Now all I need is a jumbo muffin pan...

Book recommendation: My Daddy Snores by Nancy H. Rothstein
Recipe recommendation: Pecan Peach Muffins
YouTube recommendation: Seinfeld Muffin Tops Sequence

2 comments:

gianna said...

yummy! who are you having over for your brunch?

librariane said...

Heh--as of right now, no one. I'm hoping to relax tomorrow and not worry about social engagements!