So I'm back in the thick of it again: Summer Reading Program. I'm working part-part time at a nearby library that is small, yet well-loved by its patrons.
This year, however, I'm not in charge of everything, which is a bit of a relief. I just have to focus on school age programming, which should be a lot of fun.
Our theme this year is water, which is one of my favorite things, so it's not hard to come up with ideas of what activities to do. The tricky part is making sure they work for a large group and keeping the soaked clothes to a minimum. For a couple of programs I'm hoping the weather will be nice so we can do things outside, as all the sign up sheets have long waiting lists of kids who want to come.
Here's what I'm planning:
- Wonderful Weather (and the Water Cycle) -- a program about water science
- Breakfast Bunch -- this is a staple program that I'll lead this year--kids come to the library early to eat breakfast and talk about favorite books (like a book club)
- Boat Show -- it'll be outside, so I'm hoping it won't rain!
- Beach Bash -- just like it sounds, though we won't get super wet or be at a beach
- Under the Sea Party -- this takes care of fish, sea serpents and those Jell-O fish bowls
- Super Library Luau Spectacular -- the end of the year party (hopefully with a ukulele!)
5 comments:
Are YOU going to play the Uekele? You should! That would be AWESOME! Our summer reading program theme is Splash, too! Oh, and the comment about having a coin jar out for our sponsor child is a good idea. I really want M and B to really work for our child and love him/her like she's a part of the family. That's kind of where I am stuck!
Apparently there are several groups in the area that get together and play ukulele~I just need to get a hold of them... maybe they'll share and let others play for a bit. :)
Sounds exciting!
I also like this background btw.
Thanks, me, too. It's fresh and invigorating, but not hard to read. I think I got all the tweaks fixed, too, like link colors.
sounds like fun. =)
Post a Comment