No, so the next recipe I was eager to try jumped to the top of the list: a sour cream cake. And other than not having enough sour cream (so I substituted ½ c vanilla yogurt), I followed the recipe in the link below.
When I make this again (and there's no if about this one), I do have a few tweaks I want to try.
I want to use a 9x9 pan to see if that works a little better. The 8x8 came very close to overflowing and took a full hour to bake (and even then, I was a bit worried about the middle):
Upping the amount of crunch topping and mixing it with the rhubarb sooner is the other tweak. The small seam of crunch in the middle of the cake got lost and I would have liked some of the rhubarb in the middle, too.
And, of course, I need to try it with the full amount of sour cream.
This is a versatile cake and I enjoyed it for breakfast!
Book recommendation: Summerhouse Time by Eileen Spinelli
Recipe recommendation: Rhubarb Crunch Coffee Cake
TV recommendation: Ctrl
2 comments:
That would have been a PERFECT morning coffee cake! Your dad would have eaten it and then any remaining enchiladas you had!
It looks gorgeous! Even with the overflow. :) I'd be up for more crumble topping! Can't have too much of that. Mmm.. this is making me have a serious craving.
Post a Comment