8.12.2011

confectionary

Gianna took me to a dangerous place while I was visiting. We just call it the cake store and it's full of all kinds of fun stuff! I restrained myself and just picked up a candy mold, as I've been wanting to make cream cheese mints for a while (pretty much since Becca's wedding!). Talk of a little girls' tea has come up in a couple of different places, too, so I got the tea cup and tea pot mold:


Did you know it's really hard to take a picture of clear plastic?

The recipe I decided on is listed below and I went for pink. After all, it is a little girls' tea. I followed it as written, though reviewers gave a few tips, like add more powdered sugar and peppermint extract is a fine substitute. And they also suggest coloring the powdered sugar, rather than the dough. I didn't really have a problem...

It took a little while to mix it into a mass, so don't give up!

You also have to roll the dough in fine sugar before molding.

This is something I want to do for Christmas... looks like I'll need another mold!

Book recommendation: Pink Princess Tea Parties by Barbara Beery
Recipe recommendation: Cream Cheese Mints
Restaurant recommendation: infini-tea

4 comments:

Cathe said...

Those are so cute! I would love to see pictures of the tea party.

librariane said...

haha--me, too! My camera decided to not behave after I got shots of the candies...

Patti said...

yum!

P31CrochetMom said...

We had such a lovely time at the Tea yesterday! Thanks for everything. And, Cathe, Lizz took lots of pics. :)