8.26.2011

store update

Remember this stamp?

It's proved to be the starting inspiration for my next venture: freezer paper stencil! I got the idea from Carissa the Librarian, who did one a while ago with really cute results.

So I pulled out my freezer paper, got a shirt from Goodwill and drew out another lemon, but bigger. Then I cut it out, ironed the stencil to the shirt and painted!

I was excited at how easy it was and now I'm thinking of transferring more of my hand-carved stamps (doesn't that sound pretentious? eek) into stencil designs. I mean, think about it: the peas on a onesie? A banana on a brown toddler shirt? CUTE.

So watch for stuff like this to begin appearing in my Etsy store. I have to figure out approximate sizing descriptions, as not all shirts fit the same, and I'd like to keep shopping at second hand stores for 'blank' tshirts.

Oh, and speaking of tshirts, Jen saw a cute idea for a (decorative) scarf using scraps from tshirts, so those may also begin appearing in the shop!

2 comments:

abcgirl said...

very cute! your design turned out great--very sharp and the colors are a great contrast to each other. nice work!

librariane said...

Thanks! I currently have a couple of orange shirts that I'll put lime wedges on... and then I have a couple onesies to put the pea pod stencil on. Now to find a model or two so I can show how the clothing looks on a person or baby!