8.09.2011

miniature

We did an experiment this year and planted garlic seeds.

Recently, the green tops died back and I dug up the resulting cloves:

Now to dry them out a bit and replant this fall! I hope they get bigger... we're somewhat novices when it comes to growing garlic.

3 comments:

gianna said...

Yeah, I was reading Chris's email from you about this and I was SO confused. I kept reading propagate and I KNOW what it means, but it wasn't making any sense to me at all! I just kept thinking, "how do you make garlic have sex?"

I was so confused!

abcgirl said...

wait. you can plant garlic SEEDS? i thought you just planted cloves. did those bulbs have cloves or all they just one big ball of potential garlic?

librariane said...

Well, the teeniest ones are just one big garlic clove... I wish I had taken a picture of the seeds. Our understanding was it takes two years to get good sized garlic when starting from seed.