My sister got me a fun book for Christmas, done by the blogger Tartelette, called Plate to Pixel. I'm really enjoying it so far, and even decided to take some time to play with some settings on my camera that I didn't realize existed!
For example, more than one kind of white balance.
I've always used the automatic setting, which tends to make your pictures warmer (depending on where and when, of course). Sometimes this is no problem, but other times, my colors seem off and I have to do more editing once the photo is downloaded.
So, without further ado, here are all the white balance settings on my camera, right in a row, taken at 1 p.m. while the sun was out, unedited (and a bit off--I should have used my tripod). The particular WB function's name is at the top of each picture in the slideshow:
For those wondering, the star of the photos is a rosemary sea salt caramel and it's lovely. Got a box of them for Christmas from Megan...
3 comments:
I miss you! I so want to eat that caramel! But alas, I will eat my chocolates from Paris!
Alas... *snort*
The cloudy shot is my fav.
Post a Comment