1.25.2012

crisp

Our winter has been weird this year. It didn't snow until January, and even then, the accumulation only lasted about a day per snowfall (which, I think, has been 3). I happen to like snow, thus it has been a disappointing winter so far.


Usually we have the following: white, gray and an occasional cardinal. 


This year it's a lot of brown... 


So I'm glad to have a One Layer Wednesday challenge that has us capture the typical winter colors (which includes the pop, like a cardinal).




This is not my favorite card, but I think it captures that cold feeling you get when walking in the woods after it snows. (I'm still thinking of add some white paint as snow.)

7 comments:

gianna said...

I think it's perfect!

Ardyth said...

Love that tree - it exactly conveys that feeling that you're talking about!

Deborah Frings said...

I like the falling star and the shading on your trees!

Susan said...

Very nice! The falling stars look great!

Jenny said...

I love the tree print and it's shadow! brilliant pop of colour in the star :)
Jenny x

G Peplow said...

Oh Yes a very wintry card, love the bright red star! Gay x

librariane said...

Thanks, everyone! I wonder if perhaps the non-falling stars should have been silver or gray...