Chip has picked out another long-named cake for his birthday this year!
I present: gingerbread beer cake with bittersweet chocolate frosting.
You know how those Ugly Dolls took off (and really aren't that ugly)? I'm thinking I might try to start presenting Ugly Cakes. They may not look too pretty, but taste great. Before you start protesting, I have to reveal that these layers all fell once I took them out of the oven. This is not a new problem for me (some ugly cakes I haven't even photoed), so perhaps I can work on that 'ugly' angle...
7 comments:
You should so totally do that!
Ugly cakes! I would be addicted to seeing which ugly cake it will be this year!
Did you read about my ugly Christmas cookies? I'm liking this new trend!
No, actually LOVING it! Plus his cake looks awesome.
Although I'm not so sure about beer flavored cake.
Hmm, unless you purposefully left out a side of that cake... I don't think its ugly at all!
Uh, yeah... I was careful to avoid taking a pic of the sinkhole... as the day went on, it got deeper!
Oh, and as Chip said, it's a very brown cake. Not extremely photogenic (unlike that lemon blueberry one from a couple years ago).
Thats true, the slice isn't very interesting.
But was it delicious??
Oh yeah. But these cakes are a lot--very rich--and I got a little sick of it by the end. I know! Horrors!
If you guys lived closer, I'd make a cake for all three of you, since your birthdays are all right on top of each other!
Post a Comment