For this post, I used three different inks to show you how it looks. The first is the Denim Adirondack ink. I swiped it in straight lines down my block, spritzed it with a mist of water (otherwise the ink won't come off the block very well) and then stamped.
Then I switched to Distress Ink (Peeled Paint and Bundled Sage). The first attempt I was a little too slow...
I took too long in between swirling the Paint and the Sage onto the block! Even the spritz of water didn't help. So I did take two, which turned out a bit better. And I didn't even spritz this particular one with water (intent on moving fast), so if your Distress Inks are 'wet' enough, you'll be fine if you work fast.
I don't currently have any Memento Inks like what was used in the original demonstration, but I do have VersaColor pads (same company, though). This sponge-based pad requires you to dab it all over your block, else the ink will not 'stick' and show up when you stamp. I did three different stamps in Turquoise on one piece of paper to see if there were big differences. The biggest is if you decide to wipe off the edge and get a softer stamp (I just used a paper towel).
2 comments:
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment on my OLW card. I immediately popped on over to your blog and my oh my, was I impressed! I spent almost an hour reading your posts! So many interesting subjects, detailed explanations, great mini tutorials, AMAZING photography and awesome projects! Thanks for making my afternoon so pleasant!
Aw, thanks! That's very sweet.
Post a Comment