A couple of months ago, I saw this on the store shelves:
I immediately thought of my brother, who lives for pb anything, and bought a box. Just to try it out.
You know, research.
They were good, but I wanted something better. So I set out to do a homemade version, which, admittedly, is not a muffin, as the commercial brand claims to be, but you do what you have to do in the name of great baking.
I settled upon a recipe for pb cupcakes, adding ¼ c cocoa powder to the ingredients (and excluded the chocolate bar). And because I was trying to replicate, I skipped frosting and went for a pb streusel.
The result?
Super peanut buttery!
My notes: If you want the chocolatey half of the Reese's Puffs, you'll need to tinker a bit more. They only needed about 25 minutes to bake and could have used a teeny bit more liquid (I'd add some milk), but otherwise, I think it's a keeper.
3 comments:
And DELICIOUS!!!!
And from whom did your brother learn to crave pb and WHO did not get to taste these? -bjoyful
heh, heh... We got cake instead!
Post a Comment