Spring break finally came and we quickly set a date to cook supper for both our families. As we chatted about the menu, Chip piped up that he thought we should pursue a supper club theme.
So that's what we did.
Jen came over mid-afternoon so we could map out the meal and order of events. We had to get a few of the 'extras' that are expected at a supper club ready, including printing the menu, assembling the relish tray and the breadsticks. We also had to decide if we'd plate everything or serve family style.
We decided to serve it all, as if it were a club.
Then we got to work marinating, chopping, peeling, mixing and measuring!
Cocktails were at 6 pm, with dinner served at 6:30 (starting with the salad). I highly recommend that apertif--it's delicious! I'm sad I didn't get a picture...

No comments:
Post a Comment