4.23.2013

trial

I'm not sure how these tags came about, other than I decided I really needed to try something out of my usual comfort zone of creating. I think it also is a result of getting some new paint daubers.

Regardless, the purple tag happened first:



I just kept going with the additions--when it was only halfway done (and at that point I didn't know it was only at the halfway mark), it looked terrible. It still isn't something that I like, but I think it turned out okay.

The orange tag came second:



The background and the edging stumped me for a while, then I remembered I had new stamps from 100 Proof Press that I hadn't used yet and pulled the queen owl out. Perfect! This one is my favorite of the three, though it still isn't my style.

And finally the blue tag:


This one I really wanted to leave alone, but knew I had to play with it*. I can always recreate the part I really liked (the blue color and outline) in a future tag. Anyway, I didn't want too many dimensional layers on this one, so I kept things minimal. Now I'm second guessing myself--it almost seems too flat... maybe it just needs a bit of glitter.

Overall? It was fun to go outside myself and force some new thinking. How often will I do this? No idea.

One other note: all three of these photos are from my iPhone. They turned out better than the ones from my 'real' camera!







*Yes, I did. It was a personal challenge by this time.

1 comment:

Zemphira ~ Scatter Art. said...

I do love that queen owl, she's one of my favorites. I even like the colors - very bold.