10.05.2013

gleam

Another Pinterest project completed! I saw the starry night jar ages ago (and blogged about the possible project), and even bought glitter, saved a jar and was prepared to figure out all the measurements (as the original post was rather vague), when I discovered another post that gives a little more direction.




My jar is smaller, so I decreased a couple of items and I decided to not add food coloring. I also went ahead and used a hot glue gun on the lid, as I want the whole thing a teeeeny bit more stable (nor do I want small hands unscrewing this).




My biggest recommendation is to do a shake test before you assemble. My jar leaks a little bit every time I shake it (evident in the video), so it will eventually not be any good anymore (especially since I glued the lid--I had thought that would help seal, too).

ETA: A friend posted a great bloglink that uses water/soda bottles! Great idea!

No comments: