11.19.2013

coaptation

A chocolate chip peanut butter cookie recipe recently caught my attention, so I made sure to pin the original recipe to my dessert board on Pinterest.

These cookies kept bothering me, so I finally gave in and made them. 

Deliciousness!

I tweaked the recipe a bit as I was creaming, mixing and measuring, wanting to decrease the sugar and salt a bit, so here's a revised version of these cookies.



1¼ c flour
¾ t b. soda
½ t b. powder

½ c butter, softened (1 stick)
¾ c smooth peanut butter
¾ c br. sugar
½ c white sugar
1 egg
1 T milk
1 t vanilla

chocolate chips
sea salt for garnish

Preheat the oven to 350ºF.

Whisk the first three ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.

Cream the butter and peanut butter until smooth, then add sugars and cream again until smooth. Lower the mixer speed and add the egg, milk and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add flour mixture and mix until combined. Add chocolate chips and stir.

Bake for 10-15 minutes. Once removed from the oven, sprinkle sea salt on each cookie. Let cool on a wire rack.



My notes: besides the alterations I've included in the recipe, I should mention that the amount of chocolate is up to you--I ended up using a bit more than half a bag. I also used commercial PB, so you may wish to add a pinch of salt to the dough if you use natural PB, especially if you skip the sea salt garnish. I let mine bake the full 15 minutes, resulting in a crunchy cookie.


The texture is very similar to a straight-up PB cookie.

Book recommendation: Solstice by P.J. Hoover
Recipe recommendation: PB Chocochip Cookies
Restaurant recommendation: Il Ritrovo

1 comment:

gail said...

these cookies look delicious, I also do lots of baking, and I love giving cakes away to friends. Gail