Fortunately for me, I got it and was excited to try out a cute monster idea I saw on Pinterest!
I cut the sweater apart and decided to use the back for my first creature. I drew it out on paper, then cut out the pieces, as well as some felt circles for the eyes.
Then it was time to sew, which is not one of my strong points in life, so I was a bit nervous. I went around almost the whole monster, then flipped it outside in, leaving a small hole for fill.
Finally, I hand sewed the opening shut and here he is! I decided against adding a mouth or teeth this time--I would most likely glue them on anyway, so if I change my mind, there's still the possibility!
Doesn't he look a bit like the mini Forest Spirit from Totoro?
No comments:
Post a Comment