I got the loveliest of surprises the other day: my blogger friend* Cheri told me I won the community gift for November. It just arrived!
I have been reading Cheri's blog since waaaaaaay back when Aimee did that one and only jam swap, and have been completely hooked.
Cheri's goal is for no muss or fuss, while maintaining healthy eating for her family, and I love how she's adapted a few recipes to have less sugar or more whole wheat, yet have tons of flavor! Recently, she started a community page, where folks can share photos of the recipes she's created and how they have adapted them.
When I opened the gift, I knew the timing was perfect: it's Christmas treat season, and I've been itching to decorate sugar cookies. Perfect time to bust out a rolling pin.
Then it was a matter of sorting through our drawerful of cookie cutters and picking one. I had a few ideas of how to frost without going for the smooth style, many of which would look great with trees.
I tell you what--sometimes simple is best. Aren't they cute?
*I have a few folks in the blogging world that I've never met, but consider them friends. Another one is Susan, over at The Well Seasoned Cook.
1 comment:
Adorable.
Post a Comment