I like coloring with colored pencils.
Until recently, my method to get a smooth look was to color, erase a layer and then add another layer of color on top. I have now moved onto something new: Gamsol (or an artist grade mineral spirits).
This stuff is like magic, and I've only just gotten started--the cardstock here is super cheap, as are my blending stubs*. I also am still getting the hang of how to color first so the look is completely blended.
In both sets, the image on the bottom is colored, then erased, and the image on top is colored, then blended with the Gamsol. I'm especially pleased with how skin tones are going to turn out using the mineral spirits!
I will still use the 'old' technique when I'm wanting a distinct look or the image lends itself to pencil lines. I also haven't tried black yet, to see what that would look like and if it will be a result I prefer.
*Apparently you want the kind made in Taiwan, not China.
No comments:
Post a Comment