12.12.2014

handmade

How are you celebrating handmade this holiday season?

I always make our Christmas cards, partly because I enjoy it and partly because it's manageable, due to a short mailing list.


This year, I rediscovered the snowman die that came with the very first edition of the Sizzix. He's not as fancy or rustic as the newer snowmen dies available, but my machine won't fit some of those, so I'm stuck with cute*.


So. What to do, what to do.


Several ideas later, I settled on a patterned paper, real wooden arms (thanks to Chip for cutting me thin strips!) and a fluffy scarf. I couldn't find Fun Flock, but while wandering through the paint aisle, I happened across fake snow paste. Perfect! 



Then it was a matter of punching, assembling and gluing. 






I debated making the hat band shiny, but decided that was one extra step I didn't want to take. Inside is still blank, as I'm not sure what our message shall be. We usually include a relevant Bible verse...



*I haven't waded into the world of wafer-thin dies yet, so I'm not sure what attachments I'd need...

1 comment:

Simona Carini said...

That snowman is adorable! Thank you so much for sharing it.

P.S. I will start the running roundup soon.