- Decorate with cool stuff. Know your demographic to decide how scary to go. And if you plan just right, you can hide the really scary stuff from the preschoolers, but still have all the school age kids go 'whoa'. Chip has two vampire ghouls (that I don't like, but 9 out of 10 thought they were the coolest) that he hung just inside the door--I kept it partially closed for the little ones, but it was wide open for those 4th graders.
- Have spooky music and/or sound effects.
- Dress up; again, you need to know your demographic. It can be as simple as a cute t-shirt and earrings, though.
- Carve your pumpkin right there on the front stoop. We hadn't gotten our pumpkin yet this year and realized this morning that Burlington's Trick-or-Treat was today (from 2 to 5 p.m.), so I worked on it while the kids came up for candy. It was great for a couple of reasons: people knew we were home to ask for treats and it was kinda gross and goopy--fitting for the holiday!
- Have plenty of candy. We had around 100 Trick-or-Treaters this year. Partly due to the good weather, partly because the neighborhood must be getting a reputation...
10.25.2009
spirit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i really like the pics of the pumpkin! how cool! sounds like it was super duper fun this year! our harvest festival party is in the afternoon this year (since halloween is a sat) and we will get to go to that, free supper at the fire station, and some real trick or treating. fun fun fun!
oh, and ps i don't think i would like the ghouls, either!
I can't wait to see how Ariel turned out--not showing her belly! :D
Love the pumpkin! It was weird to see "Ariel" in your post seeing how my niece in Bryan's family is named Ariel. It was confusing for a second...
Yeah, I thought afterward I should have used quotes...
Post a Comment