2.18.2010

store update

My mom recently gave me something that was nostalgic, creative and inspiring: a memory book. She put together some thoughts from my brother and I in 1981 regarding our visits to Grandma and Grandpa's house:

We co-authored it, so I'm not exactly sure what's from me and what's from my brother, but it was interesting to see our recollections at ages 4 and 6. We even provided some illustrations.


The inspiration part came when I realized others could do this for their grandparents. So I've put together a little scrapbook you can fill in with the memories of your young child.


Just let me know how you'd like the rest of the album filled, as only the first page is finished. A few options are: favorite things to do, remembering Grandma/Grandpa, pets, things we eat at Grandma's/Grandpa's. Each book has blank paper for your child's drawings, spots for photographs and journaling.


1 comment:

Jen said...

Cool idea - love it!! You could totally expand this to be a general vacation journal.

On our last cruise we did a little book for Katey and Seth - a page each day with a sentence or two about what we did and a drawing. They loved it and we've had fun looking back on it, too. (Our wasn't so fancy - just plain printer paper stapled together)