2.27.2010

incoming sun

So, I need your help.

This week's Daring Cardmaker's challenge is all about sunshine and warm colors, which I figured would be great for a birthday card. I'm planning to celebrate Stamp n' Stitch's birthday/anniversary next month with a party type theme, and many in the United States are getting tired of the snow, making this card idea perfect.

However, it's lacking something and that's where I need some opinions and ideas. Here it is, unglued, so changes can still be executed relatively easily:


And before you tell me it looks great as is, I know. But it's also missing pizazz or moxie or whatever to make it really great. How would you make over this card?

9 comments:

Lythan said...

I do like it as it is - but you could add a little white gel pen faux stitching on the spotty layer to echo the stitch in the ribbon... Whatever you choose to do thanks for sharing the sunshine with DCM this week:)

Anonymous said...

It is great as it is, lovely strong summery colours. You could add a large sentiment in black, with an Ariel-type font which would suit the style of the card.

Vanessa.

librariane said...

Those are FABULOUS ideas~thanks! I completely forgot about adding stitch-like embellishments and like the thought of a large 'party' or something similar.

gianna said...

I like their ideas better than mine. but i love the colors you chose.

Carissa said...

I'm assuming the party hat is a stamp? I think it would be neat to stamp it on a few of the dots but very lightly.

librariane said...

Ah, I could try stamping it in yellow, so you can see it, but faintly! Or emboss it with clear powder!

Tammy said...

It is very cheerful...I do agree with Vanessa, maybe stamp a sentiment in black and add some black brads! Happy stamping and Thank you for stopping by!
Tammy

Heather said...

In addition to all the great ideas already mentioned, you could edge both the yellow and polka-dot paper with orangey/pinky ink to set them off a bit. And perhaps add some sparkly emboss powder to the party hat image.

librariane said...

I'm going to need to track down more of this paper (it was a scrap) to be able to try all these FABULOUS suggestions!