10.03.2011

sapid

Another generous friend gave me a bunch of concord grapes. Several I set aside for a recipe I've been wanting to try and the rest I turned into sorbet.



A couple of notes: I only got 2 c of pulp/juice. I don't know if I didn't press hard enough or blend hard enough, but there it is. Also, I used ¼ c Splenda, as anything more would have been too much. If using sugar, I'd still pare it down to a ¼-½ c. Just give a little taste before chilling it in the fridge.




This is very grapey and refreshing! It's got a teeny bit of a bite to it, thanks to the nature of the grape. I'd be curious to try this recipe with a different kind of grape--my ice cream book has a recipe using the muscat. And I saw a sherbet recipe that uses any wine-type grape.

No comments: