2.28.2012

lucent

Remember how I said I'd like to get better at my photography with simple steps and tips? I saw another nifty idea about light reflecting recently. Instead of buying an official light board, I went with another idea: foam core. This has been niggling around in my head for a while, but took a while to execute (not sure why...).


So I dragged Chip to Menards the other day to get clamps and some Styrofoam.




We cut and glued the Styrofoam and then I set it up to try. I often get frustrated that my kitchen island has such bad light--that's where most food prep happens and taking the bowl of cake batter around the house to find the best light gets a little tiring. Now, this won't magically fix everything, but it will help!




I grabbed bananas to show you the difference. These aren't the best photos ever, but can you see the change? I'm looking forward to better lighted pictures in the future!






As for using Styrofoam--it's a bit on the lightweight side, so if you go that route, rather than the foam board, don't cut the pieces too big!

No comments: