First I grabbed an empty mint tin, washed it out and then gave it a few layers of gesso to create a blank canvas. A couple spots took more than one coat (the ingredients list on the back, for example) and I let everything dry thoroughly. Then I added a layer of color using a Distress Ink dauber, adding a little water to make the color flow a bit. I left everything to dry overnight.
Then it was time to start figuring out my embellishments! My space was somewhat limited, so I was glad Donna included a sliding tag portion to give me a little more surface area.
The biggest problem I encountered was the area where the lid snapped closed rubbed all the paint off, causing a bit of an unfinished look to the edges. I still am not quite sure how to remedy that and may have to embrace it as part of how my finished projects will look, if I do this again.
No comments:
Post a Comment