8.30.2014

rapt

I was a bit behind on my blog reading, but found an interesting phenomenon happened: a bunch of crafty bloggers all posted* similar techniques at the same time! It's not even a new technique, but with the current watercolor craze, it's resurfaced with a slight twist: stamp an image on watercolor paper, then heat emboss with white embossing powder, then color.

The post that kicked my creativity into gear was Jennifer McGuire's. I looked through my stash to see what stamps I had that would work and dug out an old Stampin' Up Christmas set that features quite a bit of white space within the design.



This one I did a little messy, using Distress Markers, just to play around with the idea. Then the local stamp/scrapbook store had the bi-annual rummage sale and I picked up a couple more stamps that would work really well with this technique and now I'm hooked. Line and sinker.

She's not this blue in person...





*I'm not sure I would have noticed had I been reading 'on time'.

No comments: