It's been a while since I've done a magazine inspiration post, but recently paging through Pottery Barn sparked a few ideas.
Often the pillows have really fun designs, and one set in particular brought to mind my shell stamps:
On this page, you've got both the blue and the sandy colors, so I decided my card needed to have both (plus, I'm out of kraft cards... need to hit up a store!). I found a piece big enough to do the stamp and did that in brown. Then I added gold Stickles and set it aside to dry. It's pretty poufy wet, but I knew the glitter would flatten out as the glue dried.
While I waited, I made my blue watercolor background. Swiping various blue Distress Inks across my mat, I then sprayed water, 'washed' the watercolor paper through and hit it with the heat gun to dry and add splatters. Then I roughed up the edges a little. Finally, to unite the pieces, I cut out another white rectangle to act as the 'pillow' for the shell, layered everything and glued the pieces together.
I'm eager to try the starfish one next!
No comments:
Post a Comment