6.06.2014

pastel

The latest challenge from Tiddly Inks (the blog) is to create using pastels. I browsed my folder of images and decided Melissa Birthday Bear is perfect for something soft!

I don't generally work in this color scheme, and I generally don't use my Pastels to color images (chalk isn't very stable and they're quite messy), so this was good for my brain.



The purple is a little dark for a pastel challenge, but I was really wanting to just get this card done so I could move on to playing around with the truck stamp that was just released! I think she's cute and will probably use her again for a get well card, and maybe even a congratulations card.



I left the chalk that 'bled' outside the bear on purpose, hoping it makes her look even softer. 

3 comments:

Loopylou. said...

oh she is soo soft and cute, I love that you used actual pastels too!! I love the truck too!! its fab! can't wait to see what you do with it so come share it on our facebook page when you're done!
thank you so much for playing along with the tiddly inkers this week
hugs Lou xx

librariane said...

I certainly shall! I have almost all the elements figured out--there's just something I can't quite put my finger on to finish up the truck card. Maybe some ribbon...

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Your lovely card made me smile. Fab layout. Thanks so much for playing with us at Tiddly Inks. x